Update: the weapon pictured in the picture to the left is Remington-Bushmaster's Adaptive Combat Rifle (ACR). I thought his gun was a huge let down. I was heavy and felt cheap. In fact Turbo did an impromptu durability test on the bolt system and actually broke a piece of the bolt action off! I about shit along with my old man! The only thing Turbo said was "durability test-fail"! We hurriedly put said piece back on the rifle, placed it back on the display rack, then shagged ass outta there!
To say I’m a gun rights supporter is like saying I like the NFL! I love guns of all types. But I’ve always been suspect of the NRA for primarily one reason…once you join they harass the shit out of you with mail, e-mail, and phone calls. They’re a lot like the clingy broad you got drunk with then went back to her place and banged promising you’d call her the next week but never did resulting in you suffering from phone call after phone call from her insecure ass along with psychotic texts! Yeah NRA you’re the same way! Regardless the national convention was in St. Louis this year. For years now my Dad has dreamed of going to the National Rifle Association’s National Convention so Turbo, my old man, and I jumped in the 3 series coupe and headed south to the NRA National Convention!
To say I’m a gun rights supporter is like saying I like the NFL! I love guns of all types. But I’ve always been suspect of the NRA for primarily one reason…once you join they harass the shit out of you with mail, e-mail, and phone calls. They’re a lot like the clingy broad you got drunk with then went back to her place and banged promising you’d call her the next week but never did resulting in you suffering from phone call after phone call from her insecure ass along with psychotic texts! Yeah NRA you’re the same way! Regardless the national convention was in St. Louis this year. For years now my Dad has dreamed of going to the National Rifle Association’s National Convention so Turbo, my old man, and I jumped in the 3 series coupe and headed south to the NRA National Convention!
When we got there we had to register. Now if you read the intro above you probably may or may not know that I’m not currently an NRA member, so in order to get in the
convention I had to join. For $25 I
willingly agreed to be harassed with junk mail, e-mails, and anything else that
money making lobby machine can do to irritate me! Note to the NRA, why don’t you use that
fucking money to lobby Illinois to get concealed carry? If you get that passed I’ll become a life
member…looking at you Wayne LaPierre! My
dad of course is a lifetime member, but he decided to drop some serious dough
to upgrade his membership to the highest order you can get in the NRA. Fuck, he is loose with the cash when it comes
to the NRA. Back in 84 had the NRA made
Voltron he probably would have bought all 5 fucking lions for me instead of
balking but that’s a story for another time!
Anyways after we got our registrations completed we headed for the 7
acres of gun manufacturers that in the end made this thing totally worth
attending!
When we entered the convention floor I nearly passed out from all the blood running to my penis after seeing all the major gun manufacturers! A quick download of the NRA National
Convention iPhone app and we were off to gun nirvana! Now at this point I would like to make it
clear that had I been married there is noooo wayyyyy in hell I woulda been able
to go to a thing like this for several reasons, but I won’t go there because
I’m not going to split hairs plus I don’t want people to know how giant a vagapottumus I was while
married! Regardless freedom allowed me
to go to this fucking gun paradise!
I won’t go into detail on all the manufacturer booths I
looked at because if I did this would be the longest post ever and you all
would more than likely get tired not unlike when your wife keeps you up in bed
at night talking about all the problems she’s made up in her head that don’t
exist! But I'll cover my three favorite
booths (FNH USA, HK USA, Daniel Defense)!
FNH USA- I was so
stoked when I hit the FNH booth. They
have a plethora of weapons that I secretly bone over. The SCAR series of battle rifles is one. IMO the SCAR series is one of the most
innovative designs out in the battle rifle market. This is the first time I’ve held a SCAR in
the flesh. I nearly bought the civilian
version a few years back, but opted instead for an AR style Black-Gun only for
the fact that there are a ton of interchangeable accessories for the AR style
weapons. I pretty much finger fucked the
SCAR 16 and SCAR 17 (pictured). Along
with the SCAR I gushed over the PS90 and FS2000 (Sub Machine Guns) SMGs. Those weapons were amazing in the flesh as
well. I’m currently on the market for a
.45 ACP pistol and I was impressed with FN’s 45s! I own their FN Five-seveN pistol. The only thing that annoyed me at
the FNH booth was how unhelpful the reps were when it came to finding out info on
my FN Five-seveN! I would like to purchase a laser for the bottom tac rail but
I can’t find any suitable for it. When I
asked they didn’t know shit. Of the
three (3) manufacturers I’m going to cover, these guys were the least helpful, but
when you have a shit ton of awesome weapons for civilian, military, and law
enforcement like FNH does you can pretty much let your displays do your
talking!
HK USA-HK is also one of my favorite weapon manufacturers. I’ve been cock teasing myself the last few
years about buying the HK USP 45! In
fact that handgun was pretty much my next purchase until I impulse bought the
FN Five-SeveN. I think it was a win-win
either way except the .45 ACP ammo is a lot cheaper than the 5.7 X 28 mm rounds
for the Five-seveN! Anyways at the HK booth I
was able to see the full line of HK’s tactical weapons namely the ones used by
the various special forces operating communities! Among these weapons was my all time favorite
HK weapon-the HK MP5SD (pictured) of the MP5 family of SMGs. if you’re not familiar with the MP5 family of
weapons just watch any Hollywood movie involving military badasses from the
past 10 years. Odds are an MP5 is in
there somewhere, if not google it and I’ sure you’ll recognize this
weapon. Anyways the MP5SD is my favorite
due to its integrated silencer. I’ve
read that the sound from the bolt action is louder than the actual sound of
MP5SD firing which was confirmed by the HK rep who was very knowledgeable about
all HK's products. He went so far as to
tell us that you’re more apt to hear the sound of the 9mm MP5SD round hitting
the target than you are to hear the sound of the actual weapon firing! This guy was former military so I trust
him! After my brief erection laden fling
with the MP5SD I moved on to HK’s battle rifle display of the HK 416 family of weapons. These rifles are similar to the AR style
black guns in both look and design with HK's specific design touches added
on! Among these badass weapons was the
HK 416 carbine style battle rifle (pictured).
This weapon was staggering in both look and feel with its compact
styling featuring a 10.4 inch barrel with free-floating quadrant rail
system. The HK 416 was developed as the
result of a joint military contract between HK and the U.S. Military and is currently fielded by various branches
of the U.S. Military! I fell in love
with this gun the moment I had it in my hands! I wish I could buy one and if I could I would
have no problem dropping the cash on it!
Daniel Defense (DD)-Daniel Defense had a badass booth! DD has a full line of various concept AR
style rifles that can be tailored to nearly any mission type. They not only make full battle rifles but
also make a full line of accessories to customize and modify the existing AR
style platform. I took a liking to their
MK-18 style battle rifle with the M 208 grenade launcher under-barrel
attachment (pictured). I also achieved
full erection over their carbine version of the MK. DD’s rail system upgrades feature some of the
most innovative tech I’ve seen to date.
The engineering along with the high tech cutting edge materials DD uses
in their products are amazing. I was
impressed with all DD’s reps as well as their products. Of the three (3) manufacturers I featured
here I thought DD’s reps were the most engaging and knowledgeable about their
products. If you haven’t ever checked DD
out google them up and visit their site to check out their history and full
line of military and law enforcement products.
At the end of the day the odds of me owning the weapons I gushed over are about as good as an anorexic broad feeling comfortable with her body! I basically would have to join a service branch, be lucky enough to be selected for a special forces tryout in which I would have to pass a grueling set of mental and physical challenges then be selected to join, placed in a team and then maybe I would get a weapon! Lotta work for a gun right? I'm 37 and that's doubtful!
But at the end of the day my Dad was happy as a dog with two (2) dicks and if he's happy then I'm happy because I have the best Dad in the universe! I would like to also point out that downtown St. Louis sucks my dick! We were at the convention center next to the Ram's stadium and there wasn't shit for food or pubs nearby. We later found out that you basically had to be a local to know where the places were which is fucking retarded when your city hosts major events! Despite the fact that St. Louis has a great baseball team, that city kinda sucks compared to Denver! You fail St. Louis! That being said if you're a gun nut hit the NRA National Convention in 2014 in Indianapolis where there are plenty of places to eat downtown that's why they got the Super Bowl and St. Louis your shit hole city never will! You won't regret it!!!!!
Cheers!
But at the end of the day my Dad was happy as a dog with two (2) dicks and if he's happy then I'm happy because I have the best Dad in the universe! I would like to also point out that downtown St. Louis sucks my dick! We were at the convention center next to the Ram's stadium and there wasn't shit for food or pubs nearby. We later found out that you basically had to be a local to know where the places were which is fucking retarded when your city hosts major events! Despite the fact that St. Louis has a great baseball team, that city kinda sucks compared to Denver! You fail St. Louis! That being said if you're a gun nut hit the NRA National Convention in 2014 in Indianapolis where there are plenty of places to eat downtown that's why they got the Super Bowl and St. Louis your shit hole city never will! You won't regret it!!!!!
Cheers!



Awesome review. I wish I could have gone. Maybe 2014!
ReplyDeleteI must admit, I used to be enthralled with the USP .45 ACP myself. It is outdated unfortunately. Both the Springfield XD and Glock 21 come with more capacity and same reliabity for almost half the cost. At most, a third less. It just doesn't make me want to spend the extra money. If you want something military proven and expensive, go with the Sig P226. It's a great pistol and .40 is really cheap.
The HK 416 is amazing though. You are spot on. I think the PDS(Pistol Driven System) is the way of the future. Reducing the hear in the chamber greatly reduces the stress on the parts and cuts down on the carbon left from the gas exhaust. It's a serious pain to clean.